Sunday 16 April 2017

Five Years Later...

I started this blog five years ago with such great intentions. I'll keep the masses entertained on a semi-regular basis, that sort of thing. Then I didn't post for a week, two weeks, a month, a year...

My last post coincided with my sister's nuptials. Since then, let's see...they're now blessed with a sprogette of their own, our creation hits the big 1-0 this year, Mum is poised to move to Dorset in the summer (free holiday accommodation near the beach, yay!), OIHCC imploded thanks mainly to the Middlesex Championship but this year is undergoing a massive renaissance, City have been stuck in League Two (but this season are in the playoff places with four games left), the Bauys have won enough games to count on the fingers of about 0 hands. My knees gave out but are hanging in there, I had my first ever operation to cure a bent nose, and The Walkmen went on "Indefinite Hiatus", which I *think* means they've split up. Most of my friends are now married, some have offspring. Katy left one job, was made redundant from another and this week got the great news of a new employer after four months on the rock 'n' roll.

And...breathe.

Meanwhile the world has become a weird place. America had to choose their President from a choice of a nutter from the political establishment or a nutter from the business establishment and chose the latter. The UK was split pretty much down the middle between the spirit of "Up Yours Delors" and the EU being the best thing since sliced bread, with the Remain and Leave campaigns both being extremely effective at getting people to vote the other way. Terrorists are abandoning making fancy bombs in favour of just driving very fast at people.

Anyway, Happy Easter people, don't forget to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord by eating lots of chocolate. I promise not to leave it another five years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment