Thursday 5 April 2012

An introduction

Well, hello there, dear reader. I always viewed this so-called "Blogosphere" with extreme caution - surely the only people who blogged were desperate egomaniacs keen to share their sordid existance with the world. So with that in mind, here I am...

Who the heck are you, then?



My name is Jason Harcourt. I'll be 35 next month, and to introduce those with me in the pic, I'm married to the lovely Katy and have a gorgeous daughter called Charlotte, who is 4 (going on 15 at times hence hitherto referred to as "Madam"). We'll have been married 10 years in June. Blimey...

So why "Statto" then?

I'm sure many of you will remember the excellent 90s Football TV programme "Fantasy Football League" - you know, Frank Skinner and David Baddiel in a mock-up of their flat, "Phoenix from the Flames", "Saint & Greavsie talk about the Endsleigh League as if it's important", etc. Their trusty companion was Statto (aka Angus Loughran), stood in the kitchen in his jim-jams. Whenever a boring stat needed wheeling out, he was your man, bringing about the chant "Statto! Statto!"

Get on with it...

Alright, alright. Anyway, at Uni my housemates immediately pounced on my penchant for similar boring stats and my incredible memory for useless information ("Seb Coe's winning time for the 1500m at the Los Angeles Olympics - 3 minutes 32.53 seconds" - that sort of thing). I was given the nickname "Statto", which stuck throughout my time in Brizzle.

Besides, "The Adonis Chronicles" was already taken.

So what's this blog going to be about, then?

Well done for making it this far. Hmm, maybe I hadn't thought this through entirely. I guess a lot of column inches will be devoted to some of my great loves - the mighty (maybe not this season) Exeter City FC; the even less mighty Exeter Exiles Bauys FC and the exploits of our surprisingly agile (for his weight) goalkeeper; come the summer and sporting attention turns to Cricket and the fortunes (or otherwise) of England, Middlesex CCC and Old Isleworthians & Heston CC. Music will feature prominently, and if you're REALLY unlucky you might catch some commentary on life, politics, comedy, whatever else springs to mind...

Phew. I hope I can deliver.

TTFN (or something equally as crass).

1 comment:

  1. Egomaniacs ... ouch. I like to think of us more as exceptionally talented individuals with a desperate need to self-express ...

    Yes, I heard it ...

    Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete