Friday 27 April 2012

TW3, or how to survive the wettest drought on record

Hello peeps. We reach the end of another working week - a week of contrasts, of moral support, of joy and glory.

Those pesky blighters at ECFC managed to keep themselves in with the faintest possible hopes of pulling off the great escape in the League One relegation scrap. I reached the "acceptance" stage the previous week when we surrendered a 2-goal lead with 11 minutes to play up at Rochdale. We went into the Walsall match knowing that anything other than a win would confirm a relegation that has been calling ever since David Noble was sent off for jumping for a header at Brentford. Round at the Mother-in-Law's, I snuck a quick look and saw we were losing 2-1. Phew, that's all sorted then. Only we went and bleedin' well won 4-2. I have visions of us getting a result up at Carlisle tomorrow, which would mean the fight goes on to the last day - coincidentally the day I should be 100% focused on my sister Lauren's nuptials.

Sunday saw another Exeter victory. We waited all season for the Bauys to register a win, then we only went and did it, in front of a healthy selection of WAGs and a few kids, against deadly rivals Plym**th. I don't like to blow my own trumpet, but my MOM award was I'm sure richly deserved.

The Bauys after our first ever match in 2006. No, I didn't wear the flip flops during the game.

We celebrated with a small pint, then Katy, Madam and I stopped in at Starvin' Marvin's on the way home. Said establishment, located just off the A40 towards Northolt was an old favourite of ours when we lived that way, and fortunately it is still just as good. Yummy.

It's fair to say Katy didn't have the best of weeks at work, so I donned my best TLC hat. On the other hand, I had the great news yesterday of hearing that my "Acting" boss has been confirmed in post. Not only is this good news as she is an excellent boss and great fun, but with a new boss would come upheaval and the possibility of a "new broom". Who knows if a new boss would want someone to churn out data and provide witty repartée in the office?

Oh, and it was effing bleedin' wet. Wednesday can FRO as a result. An open day on campus meant no parking so the car was miles away. Oh, and I had to pop out to a local school to carry out a Risk Assessment with a colleague. It wasn't raining that hard when I set off, so instead of walking the 10 minutes left to the car I headed right for the 15-20 minute walk. Big mistake, I have yet to dry out even now, as just past the point of no return the rain got heavier. And heavier. And heavier. Some bleedin' drought this is.

Anyway, we head into a weekend that will see Madam's dance classes resume, before Katy and Lauren meet up for that all-important wedding task, the buying of Madam's shoes. Other than that - bliss! A blank-ish weekend where I put the kibosh on City's chances by listening to the match (if I listen we lose. I'm like that.).

TTFN, etc. and try not to develop webbed feet in this glorious weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment