Thursday 12 April 2012

Nice Bristol(s)

Well, another short week is over. Not that it seemed so short - I swear I was at work for 18 hours on Tuesday, it certainly felt as such!

We had a lovely long weekend over Easter - went to the cinema on Good Friday to see "The Pirates" - decent although not really up to the usual Aardman standard if you ask me. Saturday saw us head to my sister Lauren's for kilt measurements ready for her upcoming nuptials - accompanied by some dreamy steak baguettes and the opportunity for me to dish out a lesson in Pool. On Sunday the Easter Bunny dropped by for Madam, then we had a nice time with Katy's old work colleagues and their two kids in Osterley Park. Finally, on Easter Monday we headed to the Penty family pile for a sale of old toot, Katy and I bagging around £70, which was nice.

The week saw some excellent news - The Walkmen are in town in June. Yay!

Anyway, it is with some trepidation that tomorrow I head to Bristol, home of my alma mater, for my soon to be brother-in-law's stag do. Any trip to Bristol has me somewhat misty-eyed, given an excellent three years spent there '96-99. Although given my advancing years and waistline since then, I may need a coronary after attempting to walk up Park Street...

The glamorous sights of Bristol.

Should be a fun-filled weekend, involving white water rafting, beer, music, beer, curry, beer, boobies and beer. We're apparently dressing as Duncan - the bald wigs, thick glasses and Metallica t-shirts are all well and good, but unfortunately my efforts to grow to 9'3" have proved fruitless. Should I survive (it's enough to be out on the beer one night running, two might finish me off) I'm sure there will be some tales to tell - those that don't count as "What goes on tour, stays on tour" in any case.

TTFN, or something.


1 comment: